The Purpose of this worksheet is to gather career information associated with your majors of interest.
This Action Guide will help you start to examine potential career opportunities related to majors offered through the University of Minnesota. Each undergraduate college has gathered information on their majors including sample job titles, alumni stories, skills gained, and related professional associations, to provide you with more information to answer the question, "What can I do with a major in....?".
Using the Major Profiles section of the CAPE website, select three majors you would like to further explore.
- Click on the Career Info link that is associated with your major of interest.
- Review sample job titles. If there are links to alumni profiles, click on them to learn more about their specific job title.
- Review the list of companies/industries that typically hire this major (if provided).
- See if there is a list of professional associations related to this major or career field. Spend some time investigating these resources.
- Click around to explore other sections of the college's career center website. Some colleges have videos that highlight careers, employment statistics of recent grads, and much more.